Currently Being ModeratedNov 6, 2012 2:37 AM (in response to themaxx77)
Is this how you do it?
Restore from iTune Backup Step by Step
1. Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
2. You'll be asked twice to confirm
3. You'll see Apple logo and progress bar
4. You'll see a big iPad logo on screen
5. Configuration start
6. Set language
7. Set country
8. Select Network and input Password>Join
9. Enable Location Service>Next
10. You'll be given 3 options (a) Setup as New iPad (b) Restore from iCloud Backup (c) Restore from iTune Backup
11. Select Restore from iTune Backup
12. You will see picture of USB cable pointing towards iPad
13. Connect iPad to iTune
14. Tap Continue (computer)
15. Restore iPad from Backup (computer)
16. See progress bar with estimated time (computer)
17. See Restore in Progress on iPad
18. See Apple logo
19. See Apple and Progress Bar
20. Slide to Unlock
21. Copying Apps back to iPad (computer)
22. You'll see Loading/Installing/Waiting below the Apps (iPad)
23. Sync Music/Podcast/Movies to iPad (computer)
24. Sync completed (computer)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 6, 2012 3:34 PM (in response to themaxx77)
If your iTune Backup is properly done and not corrupted, step 21 to 24 is part of the restoring process. There's no necessity to do it manually.
The apps will restore page by page (see attach picture)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 31, 2013 1:52 PM (in response to themaxx77)
I'm having the same issue with my iPad Mini. I actually has the Mini for a month on 6.0.2, and when I tried to do an over the air update, it failed and rebooted to the connect to itunes screen. I've tried a dozen times restoring from a backup of the Mini, which failed, as well as from a backup of my iPad 2. I can't imagine what's causing the backup problems. The strangest part is that the Application data is restored, but the Applications are not (I know this because the data is there when I manually install the App).
I had over 150 Apps which I dread installing and reorganizing, when it should simply work as it's supposed to. Any ideas?