Currently Being ModeratedJan 31, 2013 3:04 PM (in response to Vijay_ab)
Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:
We would like to inform you of the availability of an optional Bluetooth® firmware update (HW05-SW01.27.20) that enables Bluetooth AVRCP control and metadata display from a compatible Pioneer CD or DVD Receiver when used with an iPhone® 5 or iOS 6 device. If you do not own an iPhone 5 or iOS 6 device, there is no need to install this update.
This firmware update may be used only with the following 2012 Pioneer products:
CD Receivers DVD Receivers
In order to perform this update, the following items are needed:
- A Pioneer CD or DVD Receiver above with built-in Bluetooth
- Laptop with built-in Bluetooth running Windows® 7
- Bluetooth firmware update (HW05-SW01.27.20)
How to Obtain the Free Firmware Update
1. Download the INSTRUCTIONS for the optional Bluetooth firmware update (HW05_SW01.27.20).
2. Download the UPDATE FILE to a computer and transfer the file to a compatible 2012 Pioneer CD or DVD Receiver via a Bluetooth-enabled Windows 7 laptop.
You can also arrange for Pioneer to update your 2012 Pioneer CD or DVD Receiver by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 during regular business hours (M-F 10AM-7:30PM Eastern Time, except on holidays). If this firmware update is performed by Pioneer, there is a charge of $60.00 (this charge includes return shipping of the updated unit within the U.S.). Charges for removal/reinstallation of the unit and shipment to Pioneer are the customer’s responsibility.
How to Determine if the Firware Update has Already been Installed
• With the unit turned off (press and hold the source button until the CD Receiver turns off), press and hold the center of the volume knob to bring up the Settings menu → rotate the volume knob until "BT Version Info" is displayed and then press the center of the volume knob → The firmware version should show HW05-SW01.27.20.
• With the unit turned off (press the home button and select ‘OFF’ from the source icons), press the home button → Press the “System” icon at the bottom of the screen → Select the “Bluetooth Version Info” option → The firmware version should show HW05-SW01.27.20.
If the Bluetooth firmware version shows HW05-SW01.27.20, no further action is necessary.
If you have any questions, please contact the Pioneer Customer Service Center toll free at 1-800-421-1404, Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), except on holidays.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.