Chris Chamberlain1 wrote:
4. purchase Mobileme - create a new AppleID2
That was your mistake. You should have merely changed the information on the existing ID. All items obtained with a specific Apple ID are PERMANENTLY associated with that ID. If you need to update an app or to download purchased items again without paying, you MUST log in to the ID that was originally used.
Items can not be transferred from one ID to another ID and IDs can not be merged.
By the way, please note that only apps, books, music and TV shows can be downloaded multiple times without charge. You will be charged repeatedly for repeated downloads of movies.
ok I found the solution for anyone else dealing with this:
1. iPad 2 - got to App Store
2. Go to the Featured button
3. scroll to bottom (they BURIED this critical functionality!!!!)
4. if you are already signed in you'll see your email address in a square at the bottom left - this is a button, click it
5. this leads to a new mini window with the sign out function available
6. sign out
7. sign in with AppleID1
8. go back to your App with in-app purchases
9. "Restore Purchases" now works !
As Philly Phan noted above:
"By the way, please note that only apps, books, music and TV shows can be downloaded multiple times without charge."
It appears that Magazines are Not available for re-download.