- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
I am currently an owner of an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I see you are having problems with your Ipod Touch, so I will try to find a solution to your problem.
- NO, thats is not supposed to happen! It only happens when the Headphones are in the jack
- Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home Buttons for at least 10 sec. or until Apple Logo appears
- Reset all the settings on Ipod
- Restore it from a Backup
Hope that helps!
If none of the above solutions work, can you please respond back ASAP as I will try to find another solution to your problem (This might even help others with the same problem!)