Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 4:50 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
The same problem. EDGE is OK, no anu problems with connections and data recieving, but 3G is unstable very musch, very difficult to surf. In comparison, I have another phone ASUS from the same carier and it is working great, but NOT IPHONE 5!!!!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 5:19 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
This works for me..
- Go to Settings -> Carrier and disable the 'Automatic' feature. Then wait a few seconds and select your carrier.
- Sometimes after choosing your network manually it will already have 3G again.
- Enable the "Airplane Mode"
- Disable the "Airplane Mode"
- By this time 3G should appear already.
- Go back and Change AUTOMATIC carrier
- 3G appear normally after network appears.
- Test reboot several times to make sure.
Hope it works for everyone else, I have 3 iPhone 5 here (all 3 updated to ios 6.1 one after another via itunes full restore not update only, apple please take note) on the same network but only 1 got this problem and the other 2 seems better than before.. Dont know what is happening.. ?!!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 6:10 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
I'm using LTE here in S'pore. After update, my iphone 5 no longer surf at LTE speed. More like 'edge' speed even though the signal shows 'LTE'. Intermittently it speeds up, but most of the time, it is slow... Regretted updating..
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 6:38 AM (in response to maxxworld)
I found out what is the cause of the no 3G signal..mits because you off the 3g data, the nxt time you try on it back its just maintain at edge.. So have to the carrier automatic-manual workaround to get 3G back again.. apple please do something.. **** lazy to do the workaround everytime..
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 8:07 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
I fixed the problem adding manually the APN of my carrier: Settings > General > Cellular > Cellular Data Network
It works for me in automatic and manual mode. My carrier is Movilnet from Venezuela
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2013 1:39 AM (in response to Khalid77)
Same here, i updated to 6.1 and signal bars are crying. battery drain is another issue. This version really *****. I dont even have the option to turn off the 3g looks like its turn on by default and we can not turn it off. I am not even using the LTE.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2013 2:16 AM (in response to Khalid77)
I think you are correct but still there are Apple employee who should forward this thread since so many are asking for the problem but you are right people should also send a complain to the feedback page.
thanks for sharing.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2013 4:58 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
If you've tried BigRed77's fix with no results you may be, like me, in a country where instead of seeing 'carrier' in settings, you see 'cellular'.(Caribbean and S. America) ....here's the fix:
1. Go to settings>cellular
2. turn OFF these 3 functions: cellular data, Enable 3G and data Roaming
3. Now you will see magically appear at the bottom 'Cellualr Data Network' - choose this
4. Type in the APN address from your local provider (something like internet.XXXXX.XX) Just call them if you don't know!
5. Go back, switch ON cellular Data - Edge should appear
6. Switch ON Enable 3G - wait 10 - 15 seconds - 3G should appear
(Note: switching on, off these 3 functions will alternate you between 'E' and 3G
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2013 5:11 AM (in response to Kylesxm)
i do see the carrier in settings.. the issue is that i dont see the option of 3G in the settings - general - cellular page. instead i see option of LTE.
I need to disable the 3g somehow. Please tell me how to go about it.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2013 10:07 AM (in response to nath.02.28)
I have same problem, as 3G drops every few minutes and come back - changing between edge and 3G all the time specially during calls which effect on call quality.
I wish apple can find an immidate solution for this issue...