1) If you installed W 8 you need to run Bootcamp to update drivers?
2) If you can see device as disabled, right click should have Enable option.
3) Microsoft FixIt - http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/?fi=50195
thanks for the response
1. Yeah I thought that's a mandatory thing because i need to be able to control the brightness with my keyboard, updated graphics card, boot camp control panel, etc
2. No there's no enable for this because Windows 8 recognizes it as a "disconnected device" and asks me to reconnect the dvd drive to the machine (which it obviously already is).
3. Ive tried those before, also even editing the registry but it didnt work.
It's weird because it never happened before on Snow Leopard » Lion bootcamp driver updates. Just in Mountain Lion
Hi, I found this on a Microsoft Tech Site, it worked for me and I hope it helps you
1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. Type cmd in Windows 8 Metro UI and press cltr+shift+enter
2. Type following and press enter
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
3. Reboot the system
4. Verify if the problem has been resolved.