HT5312: Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questionsLearn about Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 4, 2013 9:42 AM (in response to MrTheIneffable)
You should be able to edit / remove the rescue address as described on that page :
- Navigate to appleid.apple.com using your web browser.
- Click "Manage your account"
- When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click Password & Security
- You'll be asked to answer 2 of your 3 security questions before you can make any modifications. If you are unable to remember your answers, you can choose to send an email to your rescue email to reset your security questions.
- After you've validated your identity by correctly answering your security questions, click Edit to the right of your rescue email address.
- Once you've finished editing your rescue email address, click the Save button directly below the email field.
When you've done that you should be able to use it as your main email address
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2013 3:07 PM (in response to King_Penguin)
that doesn't work for me.
still comes up with Can't use rescue email as primary
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2013 10:22 PM (in response to bragiw)
Did you try logging out of that site between removing it as your rescue address and putting it as your main address ?