Any ideas what could be causing Aperture to hang when started from my account but run fine in another account after upgrading to Mountain Lion and Aperture 3.4.3?
- Have you checked your Login items? (in System Preferences > Users&Groups)
- And looked for installed kernel extensions (third party software), that are only active when working from your account? For example helper apps, like "Camera"
- Non-Standard System Preferences panes, that are only installed for your account (the "Others" brick in "System Preferences"). Look for example for haxies, like Fruit menu, Windowshade,...
- Non Apple Quicktime components in : ~/Library/Quicktime or /Library/Quicktime
- Non Apple Fonts or duplicate fonts, ~/Library/Fonts
There is a neat little utility script "EtreCeck". It will run an inventory of your Mac and list non-standard installations. You can download it here: Etresoft: EtreCheck
and paste the result into your next post, if still necessary.
Also, I'd remove the ImageCapture Preferences (~/Library/Preferences/ImageCapture).