Currently Being ModeratedFeb 3, 2013 10:35 PM (in response to logicprobe)
Any ideas what could be causing Aperture to hang when started from my account but run fine in another account after upgrading to Mountain Lion and Aperture 3.4.3?
- Have you checked your Login items? (in System Preferences > Users&Groups)
- And looked for installed kernel extensions (third party software), that are only active when working from your account? For example helper apps, like "Camera"
- Non-Standard System Preferences panes, that are only installed for your account (the "Others" brick in "System Preferences"). Look for example for haxies, like Fruit menu, Windowshade,...
- Non Apple Quicktime components in : ~/Library/Quicktime or /Library/Quicktime
- Non Apple Fonts or duplicate fonts, ~/Library/Fonts
There is a neat little utility script "EtreCeck". It will run an inventory of your Mac and list non-standard installations. You can download it here: Etresoft: EtreCheck
and paste the result into your next post, if still necessary.
Also, I'd remove the ImageCapture Preferences (~/Library/Preferences/ImageCapture).
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 4, 2013 11:23 AM (in response to léonie)
The problem was Flip4Mac, which is in the "Others" brick in System Preferences. After I upgraded to the latest version (Flip4Mac 3.0) Aperture started properly.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 4, 2013 11:31 AM (in response to logicprobe)
You are welcome, John.
After I upgraded to the latest version (Flip4Mac 3.0) Aperture started properly.
I am glad you could find the cause of the problem.