Im trying to setup a user template that will be used to create profiles for AD users logging into machines on our network. I used the procedure found in this post: https://discussions.apple.com/message/15951647#15951647 to use the root user to replace the contents of the system/Library/user template/english.lproj folder with the contents of the user profile of the default user I created. I have done this before on some 10.6 machines and it worked great.
The trouble I'm now having is that on this 10.8 machine I follow that procedure and then I create a new account either locally or using an AD login and the profile that is generated is the default profile that existed prior to my having replaced it. I cant figure out where it is coming up with this profile configuration because I had thoght that it had been blown away when I replaced the contents of user template.