Currently Being ModeratedAug 19, 2012 11:48 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have the same issue...
- A 64GB microSD card is formatted as "journaled"
- The volume shows up as excluded in Time Machine "Options..."
- I highlight that entry and hit "-" to remove it. This seems to work, as it disappears, and the estimated size of the backup increases.
- Then I hit "Save".
- If I press "Options...", the SD card is again on the excluded list.
I tried to remove the exclusion via the sudo command-line route, as described above, and similarly found it has no effect.
I've searched around; many people have no problem so long as their SD card is formatted as "journaled". It's unclear what's different here.
(This is on OS X 10.7.4, btw.)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 16, 2012 3:25 PM (in response to SpongebobSchwammkopf)
I'd also like to add "me too", to this thread.
I've got a MacBook Air, 64GB SD card HFS formatted, Mountain Lion, and cannot remove it from Time Machine's exclusion list. (Using the GUI or Terminal, it remains in the list).
Any help is appreciated.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 21, 2012 12:07 PM (in response to scott from west jordan)
I have a curious work around that I'm testing.
I too have a high capacity SD card permantely attached.
I put a symbolic link in a drop box folder. It syncs without filling up the dropbox local.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 5, 2013 5:52 AM (in response to DavidCC2)
In exactly the same boat too - would be really interested to hear if anyone has found a way to backup their SD cards through Time Machine!
As an aside, how are you guys currently backing up the contents of your SD cards - just copying to external HDD?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 9, 2013 12:28 PM (in response to Lets Go Flyers)
Well this is still an issue in 10.8.5 I guess. I want to use the SD card as extra storage on my Air and would like it to be backed up via Time Machine.
Here's the drill:
1) Insert SD card and check TM options. SD card is grayed in exclusion list.
2) Check card format and it's FAT32. Format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
3) Eject & reinsert. Disk info indicates new format.
4) Check TM options and SD card listed in exclusion list and not grayed.
5) Remove SD card from exclusion list, select Save.
6) Select TM options again: SD card back in exclusion list.
Has anyone found or heard of a fix or workaround? Any 10.9 users out there that could check this?