Follow the steps below in order to print using Black Ink only:
1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized - Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.
2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.
6. Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
A used preset will remain as default till another preset will be used.