This discussion is archived
1027 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 2:44 PM by Dr.Mac.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2013 2:44 PM (in response to texasyarngirl)
A hard or factory default reset of TC may be useful when troubleshooting a problem with cable modem with the TC., because it will restore the device to its default state. Data stored on internal hard drives connected to the TC will not be erased:
- Open AirPort Utility in Applications > Utilities
- Select the TC you’re setting up, and then click Manual Setup.
- From the Base Station menu, select Restore Default Settings…
- Click Continue to accept that you wish to erase the device and restore default settings.
Files on TC disks will not be affected.
- Connect the modem to the TC port
- The TC will not be visible in the AirPort Utility for some time and the device will take 55 seconds to become available again.