1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:51 AM by Ahrenshof
Richard Setterberg Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)

I can't find this anywhere in the manual or boards.


iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • 1. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    CCTM Level 6 Level 6 (9,015 points)

    Hi

     

    Do you mean "turn off the cycle function":

    (simply click on the green cycle are in the Bar Ruler or click on the Cycle button in the Transport),

     

    or "delete the looping part of a looped region"

     

    (select the region and uncheck the loop function in the Region Inspector, move the mouse pointer to the top right of the region loop area and drag to the left, put the pointer tool to the top of a looped 'area' whilst holding down Option, etc etc)?

     

     

    CCT

  • 2. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Richard Setterberg Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)

    Sorry, I'm new at this and really struggling with seemingly simple things.

     

    I want to completely remove the green bar in the ruler.  Northing I do seems to work. 

  • 3. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    CCTM Level 6 Level 6 (9,015 points)

    Hi

    CCTM wrote:

     

    Do you mean "turn off the cycle function":

    (simply click on the green cycle are in the Bar Ruler or click on the Cycle button in the Transport),

     

    Cycle 1.jpg

     

    or

     

    Cycle 2.jpg

     

    CCT

  • 4. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Richard Setterberg Level 2 Level 2 (165 points)

    The green bar, i.e., the first picture.  I know I can disable it with the second one.

     

    Thanks.

  • 5. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Ahrenshof Level 2 Level 2 (230 points)

    Press c (key command)

    Try to put out of your mind the need to delete it, and be satisfied turning it off

     

  • 6. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,835 points)

    You cannot delete it, you can turn it on or off though. By 1) clicking in the green bar itself, by 2) using the button in the transport or by 3) using the key command / (backslash). Keycommand "c" is for toggling the click, not the cycle.

  • 7. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    CCTM Level 6 Level 6 (9,015 points)

    Hi

    Eriksimon wrote:

     

    3) using the key command / (backslash). Keycommand "c" is for toggling the click, not the cycle.

    A note for anyone posting about specific keycommands: most are user-definable, so it will depend on which key command preset loaded (or customised) what the actual keystrokes for a particular function.

     

    In this case, the defaults are:

     

    US preset with Numeric Keypad: C turns on/off the Click, the "/" on the numeric pad turns cycle on/off

    US Preset (no numbers): C turns the Cycle on/off, K turns the clicK on/off

     

    "your milage may vary"

     

    CCT

  • 8. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,835 points)

    In my posts the default keycommands I refer to are always from the US with Numeric Keypad preset (to check I switch from my personal set), unless the OP has indicated (s)he works on "laptop machines", in which case I'll refer to the US (no numpad) preset.

     

    Laptop machines

    apltop machines

    apltop mac hines

    appl to mac hines

    Apple to mac hins

    Apple Mac hins to

    Apple Macintosh

  • 9. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    CCTM Level 6 Level 6 (9,015 points)

    Hi Erik

     

    Agreed that there are potential issues here, and no crticism intended, merely raising the issue for comment, and attempting to defuse an arguement :-)

     

    One problem is that most Macs today are supplied with small (no numbers) keyboards, unless it is possible to specify otherwise.

     

    Another is that whilst trying to help posters here and elsewhere, we have no idea which KC preset they have loaded, or if they have customised it in any way. We could assume that they have loaded the "appropriate" set as you suggest.

     

    Whilst I too prefer to work with a "numbers keyboard", working with the standard "no numbers" preset means that the KC's will generally always work, regardless of the keyboard attached, or the Mac you are working with.

     

    For these reasons, I gravitate towards the "No Numbers" set, and I generally try not refer to "default" KC's without specifying.

     

    Again, no criticism intended, and "your milage may vary" :-)

     

    CCT

  • 10. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,835 points)

    CCTM wrote:

     

    Hi Erik

     

    Agreed that there are potential issues here, and no crticism intended, merely raising the issue for comment, and attempting to defuse an arguement :-)

     

    One problem is that most Macs today are supplied with small (no numbers) keyboards, unless it is possible to specify otherwise.

     

    Another is that whilst trying to help posters here and elsewhere, we have no idea which KC preset they have loaded, or if they have customised it in any way. We could assume that they have loaded the "appropriate" set as you suggest.

     

    Whilst I too prefer to work with a "numbers keyboard", working with the standard "no numbers" preset means that the KC's will generally always work, regardless of the keyboard attached, or the Mac you are working with.

     

    For these reasons, I gravitate towards the "No Numbers" set, and I generally try not refer to "default" KC's without specifying.

     

    Again, no criticism intended, and "your milage may vary" :-)

     

    CCT

    No criticism taken, and your quite right: mileage may vary. It also depends on the Logic chops of whoever is asking; often you can tell that they are very likely still using the default preset set of KC's, and if they are not, then they know how to operate those commands anyway and won't ask about it. But, I have to keep adding the disclaimer, as you now did.

  • 11. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Ahrenshof Level 2 Level 2 (230 points)

    Eriksimon wrote:

     

    In my posts the default keycommands I refer to are always from the US with Numeric Keypad preset (to check I switch from my personal set), unless the OP has indicated (s)he works on "laptop machines", in which case I'll refer to the US (no numpad) preset.

     

    Laptop machines

    apltop machines

    apltop mac hines

    appl to mac hines

    Apple to mac hins

    Apple Mac hins to

    Apple Macintosh

    me too

  • 12. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,835 points)

     

  • 13. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Ahrenshof Level 2 Level 2 (230 points)

    When I got Logic 8 and was reading the manual (paperback) , it said Cycle mode could be turned on and off using

    the key command. My copy of logic came with that command being "c". I didn't realize other copies of Logic came with a dfferent default. Now I do

  • 14. Re: How Do I Delete a Cycle?
    Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,835 points)

    No, we're both "right", and I'm  oldfashioned for not realising that many people also use numpadless keyboards for their desktop machine, as CCTM pointed out.

    This is one of the sets of commands that differ in the numpad and no numpad version. You've always used the one, I've always used the other. It's good to realise that these two are different depending on keyboard.

    numpad:

    c = click on/off

    / = cycle on/off

    no numpad:

    c = cycle on/off

    k = click ("klick"?) on/off

1 2 Previous Next