HT1222: Apple security updatesLearn about Apple security updates
126 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 6:29 PM by lll
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2013 3:54 PM (in response to Bill269)
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2013 6:29 PM (in response to Bill269)
Error 1004 and 1013: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
- Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. Follow iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to default on Windows. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
- If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points