Currently Being ModeratedAug 2, 2012 12:14 PM (in response to msg2110)
- Select a contact or your own card, and then double-click the picture well.
- Select a picture:
- Drag an image to the picture well.
- Click Camera to take a picture.
- If you have pictures in iPhoto, click the Faces button to use a face from iPhoto.
- If the contact is linked (it’s in multiple accounts, but displayed only once in Contacts) and has multiple account pictures, click Linked.
- Click Edit to edit the picture.
- To zoom in and out of the picture, drag the slider. Drag the picture to change which part of it is visible.
- To rotate the picture, hold down the Option key while you click and drag the picture.
- To apply special effects, click the Effects Gallery button and choose an effect.
- Click Done.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 2:52 PM (in response to Colin Robinson)
Is there a way to choose any picture you want? When I go to drag and drop in the picture slot nothing happens. There has got be a way to simply choose any photo you want drom your HD.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 16, 2012 12:44 PM (in response to Derekeys)
Yea, there's something not right here. I used to be able to just copy and paste a picture by selecting the image box in edit mode. Now, if you struggle with it awhile you figure out you need to have it open and looking at all the cute animal pictures, then you can paste an image...
But they did add some silly edit ability to distort the image.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 16, 2012 12:49 PM (in response to msg2110)
Drag the picture file's icon and drop it on the contact picture square.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 30, 2012 6:36 PM (in response to msg2110)
Ugh. On my system at least, this has become more complicated. I used to be able to just drop a picture into the contact picture square, but that doesn't work for me anymore: now I need to click "Edit" (on the picture), then choose "Recents", then click one of the grayed out boxes ... to be honest I'm not sure what finally worked and got the picture in there. As mindsi said above: simplify. Something that used to be intuitive now is not.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 14, 2013 1:38 PM (in response to msg2110)
I was able to drag a picture from iPhoto to the picture pane in the person's Contact page, resize it, and click "done". Then the picture pane would go back to blank. Grrr. I re-clicked on the picture pane again, then on "recents", and re-selected the picture I just dragged in there, *then* it seems to stick. Ridiculous. Add this to the incredibly long list of bugs and inconvenient work-arounds in Mountain Lion. Apple needs to test all this stuff more thoroughly before releasing an OS. I hear Windows 8 is actually pretty good - I guess maybe the pendulum is swinging back...