Same issue here I am posting every where and still no luck. I have a feeling it is something I am missing or forgot to setup correctly as is the case usually when you cannot find a ton of people with the same issue OR no one uses Webdav for AD accounts...
Here is what I see when I try to use an AD account now to auth for webdav (after following the articles you guys had too):
[error] (61)Connection refused: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to [fe80::1]:55704 (*) failed
from the access_log:
SERVERXXXX - - [15/Feb/2013:11:59:46 -0500] "OPTIONS /webdav HTTP/1.1" 401 549 "-" "WebDAVLib/1.3"
SERVERXXXX - USERXXXX [15/Feb/2013:11:59:46 -0500] "OPTIONS /webdav HTTP/1.1" 503 471 "-" "WebDAVLib/1.3"
From WebDavSharing Log:
7 #5363] DEBUG -- : read: authName=XXXXX, userName=XXXXX
Funny though since any local user account I setup has no problem getting in over webdav... I even tried setting up a mobile account for an AD account to see if maybe it cared about the home directory... no luck or change.
OK So a small win but not the total end result I wanted but... After logging in with an AD account to a mobile account on the server it created the user folder etc. This by itself would not allow Webdav but I went into advanced options for my user under system preferences and changed my groupf from some long numerical group to the staff group to match a test local account I setup and BAM! I could use Webdav with my AD account (although I am not sure how much I hosed the account by changing to staff from the long numerical group and if my password change in AD will apply on the OS X server now!!!
The problem is I don't know where to apply the group change to other AD accounts that have not logged into the server and it created a mobile user account for them. I am going to check around on that.