Currently Being ModeratedFeb 15, 2013 9:06 AM (in response to Barbara Mckeel)
Try the troubleshooting ateps under "Fix iWeb" here...
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 15, 2013 9:58 AM (in response to Barbara Mckeel)
Try the following:
1 - delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your
User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.
2 - delete iWeb's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your
User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).
3 - launch iWeb and try again.
NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.
If that doesn't help continue with:
- move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
- launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
- go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
- move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
- launch iWeb and try again.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 16, 2013 7:54 AM (in response to Old Toad)
This worked like a charm, now all I have to do is learn how to use it.