Currently Being ModeratedJan 4, 2012 9:18 AM (in response to nicholasfromsanta monica)
Welcome to the Apple Community.
- Export all your contacts to your desktop from Address book.
- Delete all the contacts in Address Book
- Delete any contacts remaining at iCloud.com
- Re-import your contacts from your desktop to iCal and ensure they go into your iCloud account/group.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 4, 2012 9:28 AM (in response to nicholasfromsanta monica)
Thanks for the blow by blow account. I understand the entire process except for bullet point #4. I thought that iCal is a Caldendar software not the Contacts software. Can you please explain how I import my contacts into iCal? Right now I have a file on my desktop which is the .abbu file. How and why do I import these into my calendar software and "ensure they go into your iCloud account/group."
Currently Being ModeratedJan 4, 2012 10:05 AM (in response to nicholasfromsanta monica)
Appologies I meant address book.
- Make sure your iCloud account is your default account (preferences > general).
- Select All iCloud contacts from users and groups.
- Drag the file you previously dragged to your desktop back onto Address Book.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 6, 2012 1:22 PM (in response to Winston Churchill)
maybe you can help me out with another mistery... I have 9123 addresses in my Address Book. Syncing through iCloud has given me nothing but worries... The 9123 addresses are divided in 11 address groups. I've just done the sme procedure as you suggested nicholas from santa monica and now everything appears as it should on my iMac : exact nr of groups with exact nr of addresses in every group ONLY when I look at "All my Contacts" it shows only a total of 4472 addresses instead of 9123 addresses... Can you help me out ??? Same issue when checking my contacts in icloud.com
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 16, 2013 3:40 PM (in response to nicholasfromsanta monica)
I have the same question as nicolas
"How do I have my contacts on my mac air hard-synch with the cloud? I want the Mac Air to win over the cloud data to start fresh. With mobil me we had arrows to point in one direction or another. here we don't."
And I followed the instructions on top, but it seems "something" still keep overiding my computer
When I put in the right backup in adressbook. something form the cloud changes it back again..
from 1600 adresses back to 67..
Currently Being ModeratedJun 1, 2013 9:07 PM (in response to Winston Churchill)
The same problem here, followed all instructions, but iCloud.com online keeps overriding my Address book, no matter what I do. Last time what I did:
- I deleted the reamining few contacts left on Address book.
- I then imported all my contacts back to Address book (luckily I had just made a backup of my 1.800 contacts)
- Address book populates all contacts for a few seconds, but then iCloud kicks in and erases them all.
I´m stuck in a loop and this is **** ridiculous from Apple! They could solve that in 30 seconds of programming. Please help if you get this.