Currently Being ModeratedJul 6, 2012 6:05 AM (in response to MJ Muller)
- Click on the "iPhoto" icon in the dock to start the program.
- Click on the "Plus" button to create a new photo album.
- Drag the photo files you want to rename from their folder on your hard drive into the new photo album. Right-click on the first image, then select "Batch Change."
- Click on the "Set" pull-down menu and change it to "Title," then click on the second pull-down menu and change it to "Text." A text field will appear that you can type in a base name for all the photos, such as "Zoo" for pictures taken at the zoo. Click on the check box that reads "Append a number to each photo."
- Click "OK" and iPhoto will rename each photo with the new base name and add sequential numbers to them.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 6, 2012 6:22 AM (in response to MJ Muller)
Or if you want them outside of iPhoto for other use select the photos and export (file menu ==> export) to a desktop folder using the sequential name option of the export command
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 16, 2013 5:34 PM (in response to MJ Muller)
Or, if you already have the photo's in an album and you just want to change names / numbering etc....
In iPhoto go to your album/s click on it / them to highlight the album/s.
Then in top menu bar select 'photos' and from from the drop down menu select 'batch change' and follow instructions below ...