Currently Being ModeratedFeb 15, 2013 4:05 PM (in response to nixshah)
Find My iPhone doesn't work on 3GS. However, there is a workaround. Check out this forum http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1053029
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 17, 2013 9:33 PM (in response to DiFd)
Thanks for the info, but I do not have another iPhone to do these steps.
Moreover I could not find it mentioned on apple webstie that "Find My iPhone" feature will not work on 3GS.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 17, 2013 10:21 PM (in response to nixshah)
Here's a troubleshooting article:
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 17, 2013 10:22 PM (in response to nixshah)
... and just to double check, you must have already done this on your iPhone:
Go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Find My iPhone.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2013 2:07 AM (in response to sberman)
Thanks sberman. I did follow all troubleshooting steps already on the article you've mentioned. Also Find My iPhone in iCloud settings is turned on. All other iCloud services(Notes, Reminders etc.) are syncing fine, just Find My iPhone is not working and always showing "Device is offline" while checked from www.icloud.com login with same apple id used on iPhone 3GS. My iphone location services are turned ON and it is ON for "Find My iPhone" as well. I have active data connection always (Either GPRS or Wi-Fi, tried with both connections) through which email and internet is working fine. "Set time automatically" is turned ON and device is showing correct time.
Any other pointers?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2013 10:31 PM (in response to nixshah)
In the second paragraph under "Additional Information", it suggests you go to "this page" and select your country.
Did you do that?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 19, 2013 12:26 AM (in response to sberman)
Yes. It says following. I have taken care of all points except last one. "You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law." Apple india site clearly features Find My iPhone on iCloud, so I assume it is supported in India.
"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts
This can occur if:
- The date on your device is incorrect. This can be set in Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch in Settings or on your Mac in Date & Time preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac with OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion.
- You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.