TS4215: iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay MirroringLearn about iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2013 11:48 AM (in response to Lacey0407)
Welcome to the Apple Community.
Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.
1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
5. Restart your router.
6. Restart your mobile device.AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, OS X 10.8 or better and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).