It's the same for me when I try to share my library and when I try to sync my iPhone 5... It's worst then iTunes 11.0.1 . music also doesn't want to sync with my iPhone with iTunes 11.0.1 some of them were blank... We have to wait for another update !!!
A possible work-around (ugly and time consuming, but should only have to be done once, I would think):
- Save a copy of your music library to a 2nd location.
- Remove enough tracks from your library to get the number down to a "reasonable" level (10,000 tracks or fewer).
- Run a Genius update.
- Begin adding in the previously removed tracks from your previously created 2nd location copy. Try to limit the number to 1-2000 at a time, maximum.
- After each reimport, run a Genius update.
- Eventually you should be able to have all your tracks reinstalled and a complete Genius analysis of your library.
I can't promise this is a totally successful workaround because I am still in the process of completing it myself. However, I am about 20% of the way through (up over 20,000 tracks in my library) and so far I have been able to avoid an iTunes crash while updating Genius.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 21, 2013 7:03 PM (in response to LDMartin1959)
Well, nuts. The last import of tracks put me over 28,000 tracks and the problem has returned. Not saying 28,000 is some how a magic number for this problem, just saying that when the track count was just under 26,000 Genuis updated fine. Now...crash...crash...crash...
I have been having this same issue!! I have tried the same things you guys have and no luck here either. PLUS I am ultra mad cause now somehow my library info has gotten deleted and can not be recovered!!! It would be nice if they were paying attention but I dont think they are. I have sent emails and many many many reports and no fixes!!!