Hi, Laser or Inkjet?
If Laser, Brother Printers have always had great OSX support.
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
Buy Snow Leopard > http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
I have to same OS X 5.8 and I have been successfully been using a HP DeskJet 3050A wifi printer that I purchased from BestBuy (for about $80.00) last year. I have also seen them at Staples for an inexpensive price, and I do believe that BestBuy still has them. It works perfectly with my Macbook, was very easy to set up.
BTW..iF you do decide to update your OS, let me know how to do that as I'm very new to MAC.
I hope this reply helped,
Serra from Seria