TS2570: Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startupLearn about Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2012 10:50 AM (in response to drsudhirkumar)
Maybe this will help. If you monitor the "More Like This" box, other solved threads appear. Opening them usually displays other threads.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 24, 2013 10:37 AM (in response to drsudhirkumar)
Have you fixed this?
If not, then to reset your password you need to do the following.
- Boot into your recovery drive by pressing ⎇ (option) at boot.
- Select the recovery partition
- Once in the recovery partition, select 'Terminal' from the drop-down menu labeled 'Utilities'
- Once in terminal, type 'resetpassword'
- Enter a new password and confirm it.
N.b. if you have FileVault enabled, you won't be able to do this.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 28, 2013 10:11 PM (in response to drsudhirkumar)
If you have Fire Valt enabled, you may of selected "Send Apple Fire Valt Code". If so, go to an Apple Store and see what you can do.
If you didn't select it, there might not be anything else you can do about it execpt re-installing OS X.
RE-INSTALLING OS X REMOVES ALL FILES FROM COMPUTER AND CAN NOT BE RECOVERED
To Re-install OS X:
1. Hold Option (alt) on boot
2. Select recovery partition
3. Click 'Re-install OS X"
4. Follow steps provided