Currently Being ModeratedFeb 25, 2013 4:08 PM (in response to eddiemartinsville)
delete a whole video project from final cut express 4
If you mean an entire project and all its associated media files & render files, no. FCE does not have any kind of media manager capability.
To manually delete a project you need to delete the following:
- FCE project file - normally located in Final Cut Express Documents
- Source media clips - normally located in Final Cut Express Documents > Capture Scratch. But don't delete your original clips if you think you will ever want to re-use them. Back them up somewhere if necessary.
- Everything in the following folders:
- Final Cut Express Documents > Render Files.
- Final Cut Express Documents > Audio Render Files.
- Final Cut Express Documents > Thumbnail Cache Files
- Final Cut Express Documents > Waveform Cache Files
- Final Cut Express Documents > Autosave Vault
This process may be more complex if you have more than one project going at the same time. If that's the case, each of the above named folders will have a folder inside it with the name of each project. Only delete the files/folders associated with the project you want to delete.iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 24"/3.06GHz C2D/4GB RAM/1TB + 9TB