Currently Being ModeratedDec 16, 2011 8:39 AM (in response to Fred Davenport)
My ford worked fine with every other phone prior to me getting the Iphone. The iphone's BLUETOOTH stays on searching. So I think its an Apple problem, because from other posts it looks like the iphone 4 & 4s have problems with syncing to plenty of other cars besides Ford's. Hopefully Apple can fix this problem.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 22, 2012 11:18 AM (in response to KiltedTim)
Ford released update 4.0.2 for MySync, installed but did not resolve issues with 'USB removed", usb mute issues, and 'Phone disconnects'.
Was that update for MySync or MyTouch that your referring to KiltedTim ?
At this point, don't believe this is Apple's issue. Tried 4th Gen shuffles, 6th Gen nano, iPhones 3GS, 4, and 4S's with same results. Everyone one of these devices has worked with NO issues in 5 series BMW.
2012 mustang has NAV, and my bet is those who have media/phone disconnect issues, have MySync NAV systems. It's been raised to FORD level 2 support, and at dealers shop today, we'll see what their diagnosis is.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 2, 2012 3:09 PM (in response to KiltedTim)
KT, MySync is upto date. The dealer was of little assistance other than saying MySync was designed that way, and there for it is not a bug..but a "Vehicle Characteristic". right...
In reply to Armystmg1, I've been troubleshooting computer controlled devices for decades. So I tried the following to help us isolate Ford MySyn USB mute and Apple mobile issue.
The question I'm trying to resolve; is the issue on Ford's USB port side, with an iMobile device, or both. BTW, Ive read Androids have BT/USB issues too.
So I loaded as others mention, a USB flash drive with 8 songs of various audio formats, bit depth and rates at root level; not in any folders, but at the very top directory level of USB drive.
The majority played and muted and unmuted fine by using 'round volume mute knob and being in the media/usb in full screen mode'. I tested this mute button on and off at least 30- 40 times over the last week and Its been fine for now. I will continue testing another week just for grins and giggles...
So now after that, one MIGHT say this could be a Apple iMobile device issue. Right ? Cause USB flash drive works everytime ? So it has to be Apple, well, Maybe.
Here's the point. These same iMobile devices work fine with the USB port and the iDrive on the 08 BMW 528i series. So what does that say ? Its used the same way, a usb device with music and control thru NAV or round vol knobs. All been working since day one, and still continue with a 4S too. Not one issue.
My personal observations is, the "USB iPod/iPhone Mute" bug is a Ford/Sony/Microsoft problem. For in my mind, its for these three companies to resolve. I'd be happy to help them, and have offered with only a two call back from 2nd level MySync support at Ford. But its looking promising...I hope...
This is unfortunately one of the those gray areas where the implemantation of ACDV protocols and Bluetooth controls ISN'T working as designed; in my case control of the audio and usb system.
There is info on the web about Bluetooth operation, specs and its evolution from BT V1.0 to Apple's 4S running BT V4.0 today. Go to the Bluetooth.org website.
PS: Ford just called, new Case # and should hear back in 2-3 days .....
Currently Being ModeratedJul 3, 2012 2:31 PM (in response to magnatar)
Ford MySync and Apple devices update as of today... 370 days
1. Sync USB with Flash drive worked fine, no issues, dumb device.
2. Ford has denied there is any issue, and stated thats the way Sync is designed.
I say bull, this is a Ford MySync issue, and its not just related to Apple products, as Androids on the net complain of same disconnect/usb issues.
3. Did speak with a Apple Genius last week, and he stated to have Diagnostics and Usage data turned on in the iPhone settings. Then when an iPhone disconnect occurs, check the diagnostics data and bring that info back to him, so he can report and record the data to Engineering
This may help provide a solution. Right now I don't care who's issue it is, and personally I don't thinks its Apple, as these same products work with no issues in my other cars. But I hate paying for something that is buggy and the company denies any issues.
4. I tried calling Microsoft Technical Support. No help there, they are not even aware that MySync is a joint project with Sony and Ford for MySync and MyTouch systems. It seems Microsoft is using CE as the OS for this product. I found this thru wikipedia which has some great links to Microsoft, its SVLab here in Palo Alto and some of the Engineering folks. Sent them email, with hope,,,, yeah right, well maybe. time will tell.
5. Tried sending a couple 2 paragraph email address to Fords CEO Alan Mulally, but every one of them bounced. Sending an email to Meg Whitman is how I got HP to listen and replace a printer with another technical issue. Sometimes its works.
6. Sent email to email@example.com which is Fords customer response center. Which they sent me back to the 800# for MySync Support. The MySync folks try, but after dozens of calls, they cant even pull up my info that I have ever called, anything with second level support req#'s or anything, on me, my car or my issue. Not good... essentially No help, been there, done that, got that tshirt :-(
I think and hope with the advent of more folks using iPods connected to the USB port, and others with iPhones with Bluetooth disconnects will push Ford to look for a resolution. Every where I look I see people with Apple products in their hands now.... what a change from 18 months ago..... times change.
SO Send emails to FORD CR center !
Now I bet there are folks who have no issues with Sync,cause I see them on the web. But I believe either they are not using iPods thru the USB port, or not daily as I do, and the ones that use BT and iPhones are not techies, and think there are other reasons for this and just putting up with it or not complaining about it.
Thanks for listening
Currently Being ModeratedJul 15, 2012 6:48 PM (in response to magnatar)
I'm hoping someone will do me, and others with this USB Mute problem a huge favor to help resolve the USB mute issue with MySync. After meeting with the Service Manager at Ford, he's stating the only FORD approved Apple device to attach to the USB port is a iPhone 3G out the 5 I've tried. Ford is requesting me to upgrade the IOS from 4.0 to 4.3.1 on the 16G 2nd Gen 3G iPhone Model #A1241 and see if it experiences the USB Mute issue. I'm hoping that one of you may already have this combination and might report back if they have this issue too. Basically have iPhone attached to USB on a My Sync, not My Touch system, although I'd be happy to hear from you, and pass along to them if you have the same issue. First turn off wifi and BT on the 3G iPhone. This makes iPhone act as a iPod Touch. Start car, let Sync go thru sync start up, then goto Media quadrant, select USB as source, once iPhone shows up start music playing, once it starts playing, press in round volume knob on left once. This should stop music from playing. Once it does, then press the volume knob again and see if it starts the music again. If the music doesn't restart, if you'd be kind enough to try one other thing. Press DISP button to the right of round volume knob until the display shows ONLY the top and bottom 2 lines, the center of the NAV display will be blank. Then press the left round volume knob a number of times to see if music starts and stops playing music again thru USB port. In my car, and having any i-device attached thru USB, and in Status display only, I can press in the volume knob EVERY time and it stops , then press it again and Sync then restarts music all the time, just like in all the other modes; ie CD, Jukebox, Radio, DVD, etc. That's basically it and report findings back here. Thanks for listening and to those who help with this matter.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 16, 2012 6:03 PM (in response to magnatar)
the Ford MySync system has made all Ford cars AWFUL. I have been driving a Ford since I was 16 (1968) and if I live long enough, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy another Ford due to the lousy Ford MySync system and the even worse tech support.
I am not only mad that the system is awful, but more mad and disappointed that my fav car company (Ford) invested in this crappy software.
If you can I would take the car back!!!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 25, 2013 7:47 PM (in response to Fred Davenport)
Just sent this to Ford....February 25, 2013.
The Ford MySync system was very bad and got even worse after an upgrade in 2013.
Below is a note I sent to Ford. Want all Apple iPhone users to be aware:
After 18 months of driving my Ford Explorer, I want to let you know that after:
• numerous updates
• numerous days of no car, while my Explorer was at Dowling Ford for MyS--ks issues
• hundreds of calls to your tech support (they are all very nice people)
• Thousands of failures with the Ford MyS--ks system
What do I need to do?
All on the phone, all the media, all the blogs and all at Dowling Ford agree and this system is a nightmare for all.
What do you suggest I do? I purchased this car so that I could conduct my phone calls in my car and so far using this system is not only bad is is very, very dangerous.
I have never EVER! Done this before as I have been driving Fords for three+ decades. I had a GPS in my previous 2007 Ford Explorer and it worked perfectly
• GPS Fails
• GPS does not work fast. Come to New York City and try to find your way out of the city while WAITING for the GPS to "Compute Route"!
• GPS Voice Recognition is a "Gong Show". Recently could not find "Brown University" Had to pull over and type in the name
• AM Radio is unlistenable!! Have had four fords prior to this and AM radio worked perfectly
• Bluetooth is bad, you never know when it will work. When I rent a car (non Ford), the bluetooth works perfectly. In my $40,000 Ford Explorer it has yet to work properly two days in a row.
• Clock does not keep proper time