Skip navigation

Major UI Lag in Logic Pro 9.1.7 on OS 10.8?

65150 Views 888 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 1:50 PM by The Art Of Sound RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • The Art Of Sound Level 5 Level 5 (5,660 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 8:32 PM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    buddhistmarty wrote:

     

    even though i am abletoner now,

     

    So, why are you even here?

     

    You are not contributing anything of worth to this thread... so please either do so or focus on your new DAW..,

     

    Thanks..

  • buddhistmarty Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 8:49 PM (in response to The Art Of Sound)

    You are not contributing anything of worth to this thread

    i am not contributing? No, i am contributing. i spend years learning this has-been best logic DAW only to make my own music. the root reason is music. not to write a DAW in it's own sake. just like the majority do. i need to survive. i need to make music. without a wheelchair, i need crutch. if no crutch here need to learn crawl. so as to make music without hindrance. i don't know how much Logic users depend on music making for financial or psychological reason. i myself put music making priorty ahead of rice and bread. but else, some people won't even care to delay a year or two until next savior DAW some. i myself cannot.  am i not contributing?

  • The Art Of Sound Level 5 Level 5 (5,660 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 10:15 PM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    Because... and I quote....

     

    even though i am abletoner now,

     

    So,  according to yourself, you no longer use Logic... and instead, are now using another DAW. I'm glad you found a solution for your issues but... This forum is for the benefit of Logic Users.. and you are no longer one according to your own words...

     

    Therefore please, go focus on your new DAW.. and contibute in that DAW's forums.. as you are no longer able to offer/contribute anything new to this particular thread or the Logic forum in general.

  • buddhistmarty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 10:22 PM (in response to The Art Of Sound)

    This forum is for the benefit of Logic Users.. and you are no longer one according to your own words...

    i got tons of logic old frozen projects pending to be unfrozen. am i not entitled to speak?

    it's not my preference at all, but i have to. if the old wound healed, who will go to see medics? ha?

  • buddhistmarty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 1:18 AM (in response to The Art Of Sound)

    In us consumers level. I hardly envision any possible further contribution by us end-users.

    Except giving each others condolences, and any leeway bypassing the dead carcass Logic Pro.

  • gen_ Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 8:04 AM (in response to The Art Of Sound)

    The Art Of Sound wrote:

     

    Because... and I quote....

     

     

    even though i am abletoner now,

     

     

    So,  according to yourself, you no longer use Logic... and instead, are now using another DAW. I'm glad you found a solution for your issues but... This forum is for the benefit of Logic Users.. and you are no longer one according to your own words...

     

    Therefore please, go focus on your new DAW.. and contibute in that DAW's forums.. as you are no longer able to offer/contribute anything new to this particular thread or the Logic forum in general.

     

    I disagree with this comment on many levels. Many users use multiple DAWs and if BM used to use Logic chances are he's only stopped due to the bug that this very thread is all about. Therefore ANYTHING he has to say about how he feels, even if it's about his new product (which it wasn't) is useful for any Apple employees who come looking as well as other Logic Users looking to switch.

     

    Another thing. This forum is not for Logic Users. It's for Logic Owners. Big difference. There are plenty of people that come to this forum that don't even have rudimentary knowledge of how to use the program and we help them. There are users that have not even successfully installed and we help them. There are users that have stopped using Logic for whatever reason but still provide support and help others. There are people that obviously pirated the software but are technically still users looking for help and we do not help them.

     

    Bhuddistmarty, AFAICT is a Logic owner and has given me no reason to believe otherwise so I will contine to treat him the same way as everyone else and allow him to post thoughts and feelings on any Logic related issues. It's childinsh to tell someone to leave somebody elses home when they have just as much reason to be there as you do, so don't think it's any different on a forum.

     

    I will add this though, Bhuddistmarty. The problems are now your fault, because you refuse to downgrade, and choose to spend nearly $1000 on Ableton instead. A simple reinstall of Lion, (which is in your Mac and is on a recovery partition) would fix your issues but you would rater the time and effort of swtiching DAWs not to mention the lost work and project files.

  • buddhistmarty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 8:10 AM (in response to gen_)

    Hi Gen_,  I just try to be as positive as I can to maintain my musical sanity under such extreme deprivation.

    A functioning DAW is my main music instrument, same as my hands.

    U are a good counselor anyway. Thanks.

  • Pancenter Level 5 Level 5 (7,505 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:38 AM (in response to gen_)
    Another thing. This forum is not for Logic Users. It's for Logic Owners. Big difference.

     

    No, there are no Logic owners, you and I do not own this software, we license it's use from Apple, back in the day we used to license it from eMagic. We are Logic users, all of us, pro to beginner. You agreed to this when you purchased Logic. Same with the Mac operating system and 99.9% of all commercial software, you know that.

     

    However, you do own the hardware that runs Logic.

     

    If there's a difference in anything it's between constructive complaining and destructive whining.

  • Pancenter Level 5 Level 5 (7,505 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:40 AM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    buddhistmarty wrote:

     

    Hi Gen_,  I just try to be as positive as I can to maintain my musical sanity under such extreme deprivation.

    My, my... such drama, how sad for you.

  • The Art Of Sound Level 5 Level 5 (5,660 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:42 AM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    gen,

     

    I was simply making the point (as has been pointed out by others) that some people simply come here to 'troll'...

     

    One minute they are a dedicated Logic User and the next they claim they have switched over to another DAW and yet they still return here to complain etc.. about a product they have said, they no longer use... and in this case makes 'marty' supposedly feel (and I quote)

     

    humiliated and shameful.

     

     

    As Pancenter eloquently stated...

     

     

    you just want to have an excuse to complain.

     

     

    ...and as you said..(and I am paraphrasing here)  who in the right mind would spend money on a different DAW when all they had to do was simply go back to a previous setup which in this posters case, was not only both possible and feasible but also likely to work perfectly well? (If we are to believe the scenario presented to us)

     

    ...hence my comments about these posts not being either beneficial or helpful to this particular thread....

     

    JMO.. YMV!

  • Mike Connelly Level 4 Level 4 (1,785 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:56 AM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    buddhistmarty wrote:

     

    am i not entitled to speak?

     

    It's not a question of entitled, it's a question of making posts that contain useful content as opposed to whining over and over again.

     

    This is a serious problem in desperate need of a fix.  Specifics about it may help it get solved, whining for whining sake is just a waste of space in a thread that's already hundreds of posts long.

  • buddhistmarty Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 8:23 PM (in response to Mike Connelly)

    as opposed to whining over and over again

    yes, i really did. i whine a lot in my music too. i whine now in apple forum because it hasn't LAGGY problem here. it's super smooth. it's very difficult to whine inside LAGGY software u know.

  • Pete_in_Denver Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:38 PM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    Save us the anguish - like we don't have enough already. Seriously, post something useful, or can it.

     

    You want something useful? Use an external control surface - seems to break (most of) the curse.

     

    Oh - in case I failed to be eloquent, stuff it.

  • gen_ Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 12:33 AM (in response to buddhistmarty)

    buddhistmarty wrote:

     

    Hi Gen_,  I just try to be as positive as I can to maintain my musical sanity under such extreme deprivation.

    A functioning DAW is my main music instrument, same as my hands.

    U are a good counselor anyway. Thanks.

     

    You new hands and a simple method to go back to your old hands if you wish, and possibly throw those new hands on again for twice the limbs. Please explain this deprivation you speak of?

     

     

    No, there are no Logic owners, you and I do not own this software, we license it's use from Apple, back in the day we used to license it from eMagic. We are Logic users, all of us, pro to beginner.

     

    And? If I 'license the contents of a CD whilst purchasing the physical media' I say I bought it,

    If someone hears that CD at a party and ask's who it is I say its mine.

     

    In a legal space it isn't as it's licenced, but,

    If I get a mortgage the house isn't really mine until I've paid everything off as I still owe others for it and will lose it if I do not pay

     

    ....yet I still say it's mine.

     

    The copy of Logic in the drawer under my desk IS MINE. I own a copy of Logic. I don't care for the legalities of that statement because in many a manual it says 'congratulations on your new copy of XX software' but whether you want to take 'Owner' as 'Logic Contractee/License Owner' or 'Legal and Approved Logic Physical/Digital Copy Owner' it doesn't the fact that the license only exists as a digital equivalent to copyright that would prohibit you building your own Mac Pros from the design of one you bought from them.

  • WindowsME Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 5:14 AM (in response to gen_)

    It's funny because Apple Team prevented my emails for being non contibuting and out of topic.

    They seem to be enjoying your personal disagreement though.

     

    Guys (buddhistmarty & gen_), in the end you are on the same side. You are here because Apple's Logic has been driving you mad...

     

    I believe our efforts must be directed against Apple and non to each other. Otherwise we miss the topic...

    (Maybe that's why they hadn't shut your conversation down, mmh...interesting!).

     

    <Edited By Host>

1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 60 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (8)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.