Currently Being ModeratedJan 13, 2013 2:21 PM (in response to Badrakumar)
Here's one way.
In Automator, create a Calendar Alarm. This will have two actions from the Music library.
The first will be "Get Specified iTunes items". Click the Add... button in the action pane and specify your playlist.
The second action will be "Play iTunes playlist". You don't need to modify this, just make sure it's second in the workflow.
Save and close this Calendar Alarm, calling it something like "Play my Playlist". Calendar will activate and will create a new calendar called "Automator" if it doesn't already exist.
In Calendar, schedule this Alarm for every day at waking-up time.
Go back to Automator and create a second Calendar Alarm. This will have a single action, "Run AppleScript" from the Utilities library. Delete all the text in the action ("On run... yadda yadda... End run"). Type in a single line:
tell application "iTunes" to quit
Save this Alarm, calling it something like "Stop iTunes", and again you'll be taken to Calendar. Schedule the Stop iTunes alarm daily to run an hour after the first alarm.
Hope this helps,
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2013 6:15 AM (in response to HD)
Thanks for your interest to help me out. I atlast set it up now. Will wait and see what happens and let you know tomorrow morning. Sure it will work
Thanks once again for the detailed instructions
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 22, 2013 9:55 AM (in response to Badrakumar)
Your trick worked. Thanks
I have the following issues.
- The itune starts only if I wake the computer up before the alarm time. If the mac is on sleep it does not start.
- It plays the same song again and again does not move to next song.
- It plays on the computer speaker if it is on. But It does not play in to the Airport system
Any advice would help.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 22, 2013 12:10 PM (in response to Badrakumar)
1) You can schedule a system wake time from System Preferences - Energy Saver (click the Schedule button). But if you have set a login password you would still need to type it in when the Mac wakes up.
2) Have you definitely selected a playlist in the first action? If you click any track names in the dialog below, only those tracks will play.
You might also want to experiment with the Shuffle and Repeat buttons in the action.
3) Not sure about that one - it works fine for me over Airport.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2013 6:31 AM (in response to HD)
Your advice helped. I scheduled the preference time and it worked. Actually I have a password to open but it still worked with out me requiring to put the passwore.
Where will I find the Automator projects saved. I am thinking of checking what I choose to play to rectify the same song being played?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2013 10:57 AM (in response to Badrakumar)