HT1414: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settingsLearn about Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings
HT1414 I have bought a 3gs on ebay but it still has the password. I have tried to restore but keep getting a 3914 error on restore. Can anybody help?
Currently Being ModeratedHT1414 Re: I have bought a 3gs on ebay but it still has the password. I have tried to restore but keep getting a 3914 error on restore. Can anybody help?Mar 3, 2013 8:39 AM (in response to mel23861)
See the error descriptions fro error 3914 here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. FollowiTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
- If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.
- Update to the latest version of iTunes.
- Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.
- Check that your security or firewall software is not interfering with ports 80 or 443, or with the server gs.apple.com.
- Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
- An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).
- Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you are using a proxy, try without using one.
- Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.
Error 3194: You may not have the latest version of iTunes installed Update to the latest version of iTunes. If the issue persists, follow the steps above in "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com".
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points