Currently Being ModeratedFeb 24, 2013 6:26 AM (in response to BionicSimba)
- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.
Try the following to rule out a software problem
- Reset the iPod. Nothing will be lost
Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup
- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.
Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.
A third-party place like the following will replace the jack for less. Google for more.
Replace the jack yourself
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 24, 2013 7:00 AM (in response to BionicSimba)
I am currently an owner of an iPod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.1.2. I will be glad to help solve your problem with your iPod/iPad/or iPhone.
- Clean out the iPod/iPad/or iPhone earphone jack
- Reset all Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
- Make an Appointment at a Genius Bar of an Apple Store
- Setup as a new iPod/iPad/or iPhone
Restore iPod/iPad/or iPhone (Restore to Factory Defaults):
- Plug into computer that has iTunes installed
- Go to iTunes
- Click on your device
- Click on the Summary Tab, and click on Restore
Reset iPod/iPad/or iPhone:
Hard Reset: Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons on your iPod/iPad/or iPhone for at least 10 seconds, or until Apple logo appears
Hope that helps!
If none of the above solutions work, could you please reply back as soon as possible, as I will try to find another solution to your problem.
Some Helpful Links:
Apple Support Link: http://www.apple.com/support/contact/
Genius Bar of an Apple Store: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/