Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 4:33 PM (in response to Lawrence Finch)
and the problem comes when extracting is done
and the verification from apple is also done
as soon as the restore starts with the apple logo flashing it displays the error
and the itunes with the plug image comes on the iphone screen.....
i ahve closed all the security softwares as well, please guide me i think i can rectify it further with your help
Currently Being ModeratedOct 6, 2012 3:35 AM (in response to Lawrence Finch)
I am not able to follow up this thread of troubleshooting with the firewall and softwares which might be
playing as hindrance to the restore.
I have windows 8 installed in my laptop does that makes restore difficult with error21 ??
Also Can you help me out I am tired of not able to restore the iOS
Currently Being ModeratedOct 6, 2012 7:07 AM (in response to hngnimish)
Have you turned off your antivirus? Have you turned off your firewall? Have you tried restoring on a different computer?
You must also connect the phone to a USB port directly on your computer, not to a hub. If your computer is not a laptop you should use a USB port on the back of the computer, not a front port.
If you have done all of these things it is likely that your phone is broken. The other possibility is that phone was jailbroken or hacked; that can sometimes cause this error.
If you have not done it yet you can try a DFU restore. This bypasses the regular update software in iOS and uses the boot code in the phone. A DFU restore, including all steps, is:
1. Reboot your computer.
2. Disable your antivirus and firewall.
3. Launch iTunes.
4. Connect the iPhone cable to a USB port on your computer, but do not connect to the phone.
5. Hold HOME and SLEEP on your phone for exactly 10 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button (If an Apple logo or anything else appears you held both buttons to long; start over with this step).
6. While holding the HOME button connect the cable to the phone and continue holding the HOME button.
7. When iTunes recognizes the iPhone release the HOME button.
The Restore should start. Wait and hope.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 5, 2013 11:42 PM (in response to mdn67)
There are some posters who have posted issues with Windows 8 and iTunes. Two options:
- Use Windows 7 comp. or Mac, if possible.
- Try running iTunes in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
If all fails, error 21 could be a hardware malfunction
Currently Being ModeratedMar 6, 2013 9:19 PM (in response to Lawrence Finch)
It may be jumping to conclusions as there are three distinct Combinations to be considered by OP
- Normal iPhone on a Computer used for jailbreaking earlier.
- Jailbroken iPhone on a Computer used for jailbreaking earlier.
- Jailbroken iPhone on a normal Computer.