Currently Being ModeratedMar 14, 2013 3:22 AM (in response to 2thebeat)
Does the iPod connect to other networks?
Do other devices now connect?
Did the iPod connect before?
Try the following to rule out a software problem:
- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on the router
- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 28, 2013 8:04 AM (in response to 2thebeat)
This may seem like an unlikely fix but I have had a lot of problems with this kind of issue. Something that I just noticed seems to make a difference is as follows.
1. quit all apps (not sure if this is necessary) [double click home button, press an app at the bottom of the screen until a cross comes up, hit the cross to quit the app, do this for all apps.]
2. shut down the ipod.
3. restart ipod. when passcode screen comes up do not enter code immediately. wait 15 seconds or so. then enter passcode.
4. wifi connects perfectly. [without the wait - spinning wheel/ scanning problems like you mention]
don't know if this will help you?