did you try to right click itunes icon on desktop go to properties and comparability and check the checkbox "run as administrator"?
I understand why local admin does not work, you are using roaming profiles, so itunes depend on server permissions. My guess would be some of clients permissions different from others on the domain.
We've try this but change nothing. The process never appear in the Process list. We have only ItunesHelper but no itunes.exe ?
Under the domain user acount, Run as administrator change nothing.
Itunes start only when the session is domain administrator or local administrator ... It is working on local administror session. Roaming profile not seem in cause.
We'll check permissions (and diffrence) for the users.
We will informe you.
We found bad directory redirection for "documents" on domain GPO (redirection on a old server).
* change the bad value in the GPO.
* restart the PC and login with the domain user account. GPO apply correctly.
* launch iTunes and ... miracle ... Itunes Start correctly.
No thanks to Apple, because:
* no error message,
* no information for bad directory to create iTunes directory in "my music",
* no question to write/declare a new location cause of error create iTunes directory for the media bank
* just close Itunes on the error without information and 6 hours loose in search for the cause.
Thanks to fromsouth to the search way.
See you soon