My ringtones were backed up onto my computer when I had my 3GS, but when I tried to sync my 4S it wouldn't allow me too. My brother had a 3GS and also now has a 4S as well. So we were thinking that maybe our computer has too many iPhones locked into it? We're not sure. I had about 10 ringtones. And I just don't want to have spent money on tones I can't retrieve.
1. Open the App Store on your device.
2. Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID used for the original purchase.
3. Tap Updates from the bottom navigation bar.
4. Tap Purchased on the resulting screen
5. Locate the Ringtone in your Purchased tab.
6. Tap the download button
7. Once you've located the Ring tone you are looking for, tap the download button.