Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 7:30 AM (in response to wilfredfromcastleford)
Wilf I switched to Mountain Lion.
I made an error with Save As which is command shift option s now.
But you really need to Export the files:
You keep saying you have tried the suggestions, but I get the feeling that you have done something else or ignored most of the instructions. Hard to tell what it is you are doing.
I don't know what the above is supposed to show.
You seem to be stuck in some miscomprehension of what is where, but without descipherable feedback I can't tell what that is.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 7:44 AM (in response to wilfredfromcastleford)
I haven't burnt a CD or DVD for a long while on my Mac, and I use Toast for the job, so it slipped my mind how many different ways there are to burn a CD/DVD. Yellowbox just raised the most direct one.
1. Insert a blank CD/DVD
2. The Mac will ask what you want to do, choose Action: Open Finder
3. The Disk will appear on the desktop as a CD icon
4. Select your files in Finder, which we hope you have finally exported and drag them onto the disk icon
5. Change the name of the CD/DVD if you want by clicking on the label under the icon
6. When you are happy with what you want on the disk you can:
right click on the icon > Burn
click on the black and yellow Burn icon next to the disk in the Finder Sidebar
7. It will ask you whether you really want to do this, click OK
So to sum up:
Stick in disk > go to Finder > Drag on the files > Burn > Eject
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 8:43 AM (in response to PeterBreis0807)
Ok Guys, thanks to all who helped. I finally got it done although the hard copies are in the post never mind, I'll send the disc too as a back-up. I followed Yellowbox's post and it worked. As I said it was probably something stupid I was doing. Peter, you were very patient so, as they say in your beautiful country, 'Good on yer, mate'. (Well some of them do, mustn't stereotype must I). I've made a note of what to do should I need to in the future.
Cheers guys and Gals