Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 11:21 AM (in response to Simon S)
Is it widescreen ?
Did You in Your browser window set sequence and material to anamorphous. To me it was a revelation that the Browser window was exstendably to the right with lot's of columns - and one of them was Anamorphous.
Did you start a WideScreen project in iDVD - First window that opens after You clicked Start a New iDVD project (top button). At bottom this new window You set 4:3 (SD format) or 16:9 for WideScreen.
In iDVD You also need to go up to Project and down to Projectinfo
then set 16:9 here TOOO !
Proportion - Change it to 16:9
When I go from FinalCut to iDVD - I doFCE/P to iDVD
• How to go from FCE/P to iDVD
• Free space on Start-up hard disk
• Brand and type of DVDs used
• Burn speed set
• iDVD BUG
How to go from FCE/P to iDVD I do
• Disable Screen and Energy saver
• IMPORTANT --> FIRST in FinalCut - Mix Down Audio under Sequence Menu / Render Only / Mix-down
• Export out as a QuickTime .mov file
• Select with Mark - Chapter Mark
• Not as Self-Contained (not important but saves time and space)
• NO QUICKTIME CONVERSION (IMPORTANT)
This QT.mov file I import into iDVD from within iDVD.
Free space on Start-up hard disk
I set a minimum of 25GB (for Mac OS and iDVDs temp files)
• I use Pro Quality encoding
Brand and type of DVDs used ( Important as cheap brands DO NOT WORK )
• I use Verbatim
• I use DVD-R
Burn speed set (IMPORTANT)
• I set down this to x4 (or x1)
• One can not go back to movie-project for any alterations and then go back to
the iDVD project. It will notice and ask You to either Up-date or Cancel. Neither
of them will work.
Medicine - Start a brand new iDVD project.
Use of Chapters
• I only use a to z and 0 to 9 in naming them. NO other symbol/letter !
• NO Chapter-mark at very beginning - iDVD NEEDS TO set this by it self
• No Chapter marks in or within two seconds from a transition
(Way around this last one - Export movie as QT full quality and NO Chapter marks
Import this into a new Movie-project and now You are free to set C-Ms where You want
them except at very beginning - still)
Material used to build movie
• video - I use streamingDV (or convert all other to this e.g. .mp4, .avi, .wmv etc)
• audio - I use .aiff 16-bit 48kHz or from Audio-CD (44.1kHz) - no .mp3 or direct from iTunes
• photos - I use .jpg - no .bmp etc
Problems - then Trash iDVD pref. file and run Repair Permissions - and have a re-try.
from post ??
May not be relevant, but I had the same problem with iDVD, where burned DVDs showed a green screen. It was cured by quitting Quicksilver and Quickeys as well as disabling sleep and screen-saving
Yours Bengt W
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 11:44 AM (in response to Bengt Wärleby)
- my FCE project is currently "DV PAL 48kHz" (when I look in Easy Setup)
- each of the clips in my FCE folder are 1920x1080 when I look at them in the *Finder*
- when I look at them in FCE bin, they are 1440x1080
- when I export, the file is 720x576
I have created my project in iDVD as 16:9 widescreen, so that bit is correct!
Any adviuce on changes or what to do next would be very welcome.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 11:53 AM (in response to Simon S)
my FCE project is currently "DV PAL 48kHz"
This is most likely why you are getting these results. DV PAL is a standard def 4:3 frame size, not 16:9 widescreen. When you put your 1920x1080 clips into a DV PAL sequence, FCE conforms the clips to the DV PAL sequence settings.
Double-check your actual sequence settings. Control-click your sequence in the FCE Browser. Select Item Properties. What does it say for frame size, compressor & vid rate? Do the same with one or more of your clips.
Do your sequence & clip properties match?
What was the original source of your clips? (eg exact make & model camcorder).
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 12:00 PM (in response to MartinR)
Thnk you so much for this help...
When I ctrl-click on the Sequence and look at the properties:
Frame size: 720x576
Vid Rate: 25fps
When I dod same for a clip...:
Frame size: 1440x1080
Compressor: Apple Intermediate Codec
Vid Rate: 25fps
My footage came from a Canon FV 10 and a HV 20. The cameras were set to record in HD format.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 12:35 PM (in response to Simon S)
Sorry- cameras are HV 10 and HV 20, both by Canon.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 12:39 PM (in response to Simon S)
I had added in a few clips from a third camera (not my own) and they came in as Frame Size 720x576. I resized these to 1440x1080 in my timeline. So when I look at Item porperties for one of these clips, it says:
Clip frame size: 720x576
But V1 frame size: 1440x1080
Vid rate and compressor are the same for clip and v1: DV-Pal and 25fps.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 25, 2013 5:56 PM (in response to Simon S)
You will have to change the Sequence setting in the FCE Easy Setups to HDV-AIC 1440 x 1080i50.
Only Newly created Sequences are effected not existing ones for the changes to apply.
This advice assumes you shot in HDV and the camera is outputting in HDV.