HT3669: OS X: Printer and scanner software available for downloadLearn about OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download
Currently Being ModeratedApr 1, 2013 5:43 AM (in response to PGmacCA)
Currently Being ModeratedApr 1, 2013 10:30 AM (in response to PGmacCA)
That's not listed as a supported model:
Currently Being ModeratedApr 2, 2013 11:24 PM (in response to PGmacCA)
I found these instructions from another thread and it works. I used the SCX-472X.gz file and it works fine so far. The features for 472x and 4826 seems to be identical.
here's a solution that worked for me:
- download the samsung printer drivers: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL905
- open SamsungPrinterDrivers.dmg file and copy the contents to your desktop
- download unpkg - a small, free app that simply unpacks the contents of .pkg file into a folder: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/16357/unpkg/
- launch unpkg and drag the file you copied on to your desktop on to unpkg to extract it to a folder on your desktop
- connect yoru printer to your mac via USB
- open system preferences > print & scan > add a printer
- ignore the prompts to download and add software from Apple - it clearly doesn't work
- highlight the printer and select use > other from the drop down to select the driver
- navigate to the folder on your desktop you extracted in step 4
- select SamsungPrinterDrivers > Library > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources > Samsung CLX-3180 Series.gz
It will add your printer with the basics. You can then download all the other Samsung software for your printer, including the Smart Panel app, which will then give you the supply levels for your printer when you click on the Printer > Options & Supplies > Supply Levels. I managed to get the scanner and fax working too. Plus the wireless set up.
It's poor form that there is no official, working set of drivers and software for what is a relatively new printer. It's not a cheap printer either so Samsung should get cracking and sort it out. But perhaps they're too busy with legal proceedings....