Currently Being ModeratedApr 8, 2013 2:46 PM (in response to Gamer36)
This should work. Boot the computer and immediately after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND-OPTION-R keys until you see a globe icon appear.
This should connect you to Apple's servers for an Internet Recovery: OS X (Lion/Mountain Lion)- About OS X Recovery and OS X Lion- Run Software Update to use Lion Internet Recovery.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 8, 2013 2:51 PM (in response to Kappy)
Great! But do I have to format the drive before doing this?
Currently Being ModeratedApr 8, 2013 3:00 PM (in response to Gamer36)
Yes. See below:
Drive Erase for Lion/Mountain Lion
1. Wait until the Main Menu appears. This could take quite some time because you are doing all of this over an Internet connection. You should use Ethernet if possible. It's much faster than wireless. Select Disk Utility from the Main Menu and click on the Continue button.
2. After DU loads select the SSD main entry (mfgr.'s ID and size.) Click on the Partition tab in DU's main window. Select One partition from the dropdown menu under Partition Scheme.
3. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Partition button and wait until the process has completed.
After the above has completed quit DU and return to the Main Menu. Click on the Install/Reinstall OS X option then click on the Continue button.
You should be all set if there are no glitches.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points