Currently Being ModeratedApr 17, 2013 9:53 AM (in response to Subbu44)
It can be and works fine:
Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac? How do I get it and how do I install it?
There may be a problem with how 'Free DVD reator' encodes audio.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 17, 2013 10:24 AM (in response to Subbu44)
There can be many origins to this
• the media used - as DVD is as standard - Interlaced SD-Video so using
- Progressive material
- .mp3 audio
etc - use to be problematic
- interlaced SD-video (from miniDV tape Cameras)
- .jpg photos - NEVER .bmp
- .aiff (16-bit) 48kHz or from Audio-CDs (.aiff 44.1kHz)
• the media/brand used
- Memorex, NoName etc Cheap media's works for most other things BUT NOT for Video-DVDs
I only use Verbatim (more organic dye in these)
• type of DVD used
- DVD+/-RW - use not to work or with various kinds of problems - mine get's very blue
- DVD+R - is a more modern format - and use not to plat well on older DVD-players
I only use DVD-R as I never knows what the viewer has for DVD-player
• BURN SPEED
- Best or fastest are NOT BEST at all as they generate to many Burn Errors !
I set this down to x2 or x4 Max
Just to mention the most common origins.
Yours Bengt W