Remember: we cannot see your machine. There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 8 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Basic things like :
- What version of iPhoto.
- What version of the Operating System.
- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.
- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?
- Are there error messages?
- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.
- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?
Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.
Hello Terence Devlin. Thanks for replay .
Try answer on questions step by step .
Version 9.4.1 (701.67)
Processor 2.9Ghr Intel Core i5
Mem 8 Gb 1600Mhr DDR3
Software OSX 10.8.2 ( 12C3103)
I have bought I mac in January .I’m no proper user yet ,but I did not did anything really. One day I try download few photos from my e-mail. Then open IPhoto ant it was complicity clear. No any photos, no anything in trash. Just disappeared.
Then I try some kind recovery program but nothing. And now , I have no idea what I need to do. The photos was of my children, and so disappointed and fill like idiot.
Do you have a backup?
Right click on teh iPhoto library (by default in the pictures folder) and show package contents - do NOT make any changes of any sort but look in the masters folder and see if your photos are there and report back - again do not make any changes of any sort
And it probably is going to be important to know exactly what "recovery program" you tried, what you did to try to recover and what the results were