4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2013 12:32 PM by Bob Gold
pleaselouise Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi there, I am a new user and have been struggling by guessing as I go.  I have recently noticed that all of a sudden I have green versions of some of my images in the library and that the preview doesn't actually match the image when you open it which is obviously annoying!  I have tried updating the preview but it says it is already up to date.  When I open the green version, it is the right "updated" version but it seems like they have swapped?


Why are my images green and how do I correct the previews???

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • 1. Re: Green images
    Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (11,945 points)

    Don't know the cause.


    Try force-generating new Previews:

    - Select the Images that are incorrectly green in the Browser

    - Hold down the "Option" key

    - Run the command "Photos➞Generate Preview".


    Did that fix the Previews?

  • 2. Re: Green images
    firstlaunch Level 3 Level 3 (610 points)

    Were these images fine before? Or, does this occur with a new import? Did you just upgrade the OS or Aperture? I would assume something must have changed somewhere.


    What is your camera model (assuming these are RAW images), OS and Aperture version?

  • 3. Re: Green images
    Bob Gold Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)

    The Generate Preview menu item is called up by holding down both the Control and Option keys, when clicking on the picture...



  • 4. Re: Green images
    Bob Gold Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)



    I've experienced the same problem... I'm not sure what generates the issue, but it appears that at some point the preview image becomes corrupted.  Most of the time I'm able to fix the problem by clicking on the picture, while holding down both the control and options key.... The menu option "generate preview" will come up, and I can recreate the preview.


    In a few instances, I've been unable to restore the preview.  In this instance, I'll export the original to a folder on my desktop, delete the version in Aperture, and then re-import the original to Aperture...