Currently Being ModeratedApr 24, 2013 10:59 PM (in response to charlie_vz)
Is there a way to remove the 'solved' status from this thread?
Nope. And for that reason I'd strongly suggest you open a new thread.
There may well be some of the regular gurus who have an insight into this problem but haven't bothered looking at this thread again since it was "solved" (that's the way they roll).
You can always reference this thread in the OP so that people can see what solutions have already been tried (and failed).
Message was edited by: softwater
Currently Being ModeratedApr 27, 2013 1:40 AM (in response to scott321)
Same problem, I changed DNS from the wireless router gateway to the external internet provider's DNS and it solved the problem.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 28, 2013 8:38 AM (in response to Rangeressary)
I can't remember changing anything significant (only Thunderbolt Firmware-Update and a few minor App-updates), but fortunately the problem disappeared. I'm sorry for you guys, but I have no explanation and therefore no suggestion how to solve the problem for you.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 7, 2013 6:01 PM (in response to niqu)
I also am having the same problems and at this stage I have just put my sleep setting to never and its ok
Currently Being ModeratedAug 5, 2013 8:18 PM (in response to Rangeressary)
I have also been having this problem. I managed to solve it by disconnecting the ethernet cable (I have a wired connection), then reconnecting. I suspect turning off wireless in the case of an over the air connection, then re-enabling it may do the same.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 30, 2013 10:32 AM (in response to marcmeyer)
I was having this problem for a few weeks, but I believe I finally fixed it! I am cautiously optimistic. I tried this and so far have been able to sleep and resume and imap accounts reconnect.....
1. Quit mail.app
2. Go to the folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences
3. Move com.apple.mail.plist to the trash
4. Launch mail.app
I hope it works for you too!
Currently Being ModeratedSep 9, 2013 5:55 AM (in response to matt2053)
Changed my DNS to 18.104.22.168 (suggested somewhere on this site) for some other reason (my router's and ISP's DNS services not being very good I think) and hey presto fixed this at the same time.
I had resisted doing this but it's not too hard if you are prepared to dive into Settings --> Network --> Wi-Fi (or maybe Ethernet if you have hard-wired connection) --> Advanced... button bottom right --> DNS --> Press the + underneath the "DNS servers" pane, bottom left, and type in 22.214.171.124 --> OK --> Apply
Mail (and internet browsing) now working much better for a couple of weeks now