1 2 3 4 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 6:54 AM by Csound1 Go to original post
  • 45. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Rupertswife Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Yes. That is the only solution to this issue, but not a step I'm willing to take. Apple should come up with a householding account that can link, say 4 seperate Apple ID's, on the same computer. That way it doesn't mess with anyone's storage usage, or content.

     

    Just my two cents worth. Good luck!

  • 46. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Hannah1720 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    If I may butt in...

     

    I've been having the same problem, so I decided to sniff around my iTunes account and see if I could fix it...

     

    Try logging in to your account, then go to the upper left corner under "File," click on "Devices," then go to "Transfer purchases from (your name)'s account."

     

    Hope this helps! (It helped me.)

  • 47. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (74,870 points)

    Hannah1720 wrote:

     

     

    Try logging in to your account, then go to the upper left corner under "File," click on "Devices," then go to "Transfer purchases from (your name)'s account."

     

    It doens't transfer items from an account.

    This transfers iTunes purchased items from an iPhone/iPad/iPod connected to the computer.

    And you don't need to first view your iTunes account.

    Just connect a device then go to menu File > Devices

  • 48. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    dmkimicata Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    It's been a year, but I hope this article helps if you haven't found an answer yet.

     

    http://www.imore.com/how-use-multiple-apple-ids-one-computer-and-itunes

     

    I had the same problem and it took quite a while to find this answer, but so far, so good. Not sure why Apple wouldn't have recommended this fix for you.

     

    Best,

  • 49. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (35,365 points)

    dmkimicata wrote:

    I had the same problem and it took quite a while to find this answer, but so far, so good. Not sure why Apple wouldn't have recommended this fix for you.

    It's the wrong answer, that's why. I understand that you don't undersand but ....

     

    Why are you reviving ancient threads?


    FYI. iTunes and iCloud are not the same thing, please stay up to date.

  • 50. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Rupertswife Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    dmkimicata wrote:

    I had the same problem and it took quite a while to find this answer, but so far, so good. Not sure why Apple wouldn't have recommended this fix for you.

    It's the wrong answer, that's why. I understand that you don't undersand but ....

     

    Why are you reviving ancient threads?


    FYI. iTunes and iCloud are not the same thing, please stay up to date.

    Csound1: Your reply is exactly why I abandoned this thread a year ago and found the solution on my own, Rudeness just isn't nice.

     

    dmkimicata: Thank you for the polite reply. In the end, we had to wait for the 90 days to expire, then we changed it back to my Apple ID. No biggie, just aggravating and inconvenient for a while. Now we know. =)

  • 51. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (35,365 points)

    Rupertswife wrote:

     

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    dmkimicata wrote:

    I had the same problem and it took quite a while to find this answer, but so far, so good. Not sure why Apple wouldn't have recommended this fix for you.

    It's the wrong answer, that's why. I understand that you don't undersand but ....

     

    Why are you reviving ancient threads?


    FYI. iTunes and iCloud are not the same thing, please stay up to date.

    Csound1: Your reply is exactly why I abandoned this thread a year ago and found the solution on my own, Rudeness just isn't nice.

    Welcome back

     

    Incorrect answers are far more dangerous, or don't you think accuracy matters?

     

    Leaving again?

  • 52. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Rupertswife Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Yep, and you've personally guaranteed I won't be back to use these boards to ask questions or offer my experiences to anyone again. Well done.

  • 53. Re: Multiple Apple ID's One iMac
    Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (35,365 points)

    Say Hi to Rupert for me.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next