12 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 6:32 PM by Pancenter
vietna Level 1 (0 points)

Hello!

 

Ive recorded a synthesizer sound and I notice that in the audio there are ocassional clicks/pops. The audio hasn't been cut or anything and I know clicks can be caused by sudden volume changes (?), i've tried adjusting volume at the site of the clicks which works sometimes but not for all the clicks and I was just wondering if anyone had some solutions? With limiters or equalizers..? Ive tried the denoiser, it didn't do much

 

Thanks in advance!


MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Logic Pro 9, microKorg
  • ariel s Level 4 (1,695 points)

    Hi vietna,

     

    I found an article stating one of the causes is related to low I/O buffer settings in 64-bit mode:

     

    Logic Pro/Express 9.1: Clicks and pops in audio with low I/O buffer settings in 64-bit mode

    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3502

     

    Cheers!

    - Ari

  • Edgar Level 4 (2,785 points)

    Just out of curiosity.

    Is this an official post from Apple, marked with the Apple Logo (Community Specialist)? Ari, are you providing official help on this forum now, is this new or didn't I see that before?

    Apple participation/help on the forums, wow that would be great.

     

    Edgar

  • Eriksimon Level 6 (12,125 points)

    Same ? here.

  • chorleyman Level 4 (1,420 points)

    Perhaps he's gonna be like a lot of others and not bother continuing the discussion....

     

    And it would be absolutely amazing to have an Apple connected person here, for sure.

  • Pancenter Level 6 (9,440 points)

    Community Specialists   =   Public Relations ??

     

    If you look at his/her profile you can set what questions have been answered recently.

  • chorleyman Level 4 (1,420 points)

    You're bursting my bubble now, man, but you have every right to be cynical in the light of the way big companies behave towards their customers these days, I know - good things do happen sometimes, don't they ?

     

    I see what you mean about the links in his profile, so I guess he's a bit of a go-between (which could actually be hard work), who knows.

  • Matt_H. Community Specialists

    Edgar (and everyone else),

     

    Matt K. made a post the other day announcing the new team. You can find that here. Hopefully she and other members of the team can help with some of the threads that slip through the cracks.

     

    Glad to see everyone is so excited!

     

    -Matt

  • Pancenter Level 6 (9,440 points)

    Matt_H. wrote:

     

    Edgar (and everyone else),

     

    Matt K. made a post the other day announcing the new team.

    You can find that here.

     

     

    Geeze Matt, we're audio people, you don't expect us to associate with plebes on the common boards.

     

     

  • Pancenter Level 6 (9,440 points)

    chorleyman wrote:

     

    You're bursting my bubble now, man, but you have every right to be cynical in the light of the way big companies behave towards their customers these days, I know - good things do happen sometimes, don't they ?

     

    I see what you mean about the links in his profile, so I guess he's a bit of a go-between (which could actually be hard work), who knows.

     

    Don't get me wrong.. it's a welcome change, I just wouldn't expect too much, this looks like general purpose stuff.

  • Matt_H. Community Specialists

    All the folks in our Pro Apps communities are amazing. Very few items show up on our feed from here. And feel free to chime in on any threads where the Specialist team is present. They're here to supplement your involvement because your knowledge could never be duplicated or replaced.

     

    -Matt

  • Pancenter Level 6 (9,440 points)

    Is everyone named Matt?

  • Pancenter Level 6 (9,440 points)

    Matt_H. wrote:

     

    All the folks in our Pro Apps communities are amazing. Very few items show up on our feed from here. And feel free to chime in on any threads where the Specialist team is present. They're here to supplement your involvement because your knowledge could never be duplicated or replaced.

     

    -Matt

     

    Definitely PR!  

     

    Seriously, thanks for the input!