Currently Being ModeratedMay 9, 2013 11:22 AM (in response to warrmr)
Ok so I have been doing some more reading and have spotted loads of posts on the apple discussions and on here that are showing similar issues but on SL rather than Mountain Lion.
I have gone through most of the troubleshooting steps they have outlined in there and none of it has worked.
First was to try and telnet to Google.com to see if it is just chrome or the whole OS that is not working.
This failed as expected
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ telnet google.com 80
telnet: connect to address 126.96.36.199: Operation timed out
telnet: connect to address 188.8.131.52: Operation timed out
telnet: connect to address 184.108.40.206: Operation timed out
Can ping google DNS just fine
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ ping 220.127.116.11
PING 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=0 ttl=49 time=37.826 ms
64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=38.933 ms
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=2 ttl=49 time=38.094 ms
--- 220.127.116.11 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 37.826/38.284/38.933/0.472 ms[/code]
Cant see anything squiffy in the routing table
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ netstat -rn
Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Netif Expire
default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 17 169 en1
127 127.0.0.1 UCS 0 0 lo0
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 5 36127 lo0
169.254 link#5 UCS 0 0 en1
192.168.1 link#5 UCS 4 0 en1
192.168.1.1 0:23:4:c8:2e:11 UHLWIir 18 24 en1 1107
192.168.1.4 0:1:d2:7:30:65 UHLWIi 0 0 en1 1129
192.168.1.10 127.0.0.1 UHS 1 0 lo0
192.168.1.254 0:c:30:42:15:c0 UHLWIi 0 16 en1 1185
192.168.1.255 ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff UHLWbI 0 3 en1
Destination Gateway Flags Netif Expire
::1 link#1 UHL lo0
fe80::%lo0/64 fe80::1%lo0 UcI lo0
fe80::1%lo0 link#1 UHLI lo0
fe80::%en0/64 link#4 UCI en0
fe80::%en1/64 link#5 UCI en1
fe80::225:ff:fe46:5fc1%en1 0:25:0:46:5f:c1 UHLI lo0
fe80::bac7:5dff:fec7:9a65%en1 b8:c7:5d:c7:9a:65 UHLWIi en1
ff01::%lo0/32 fe80::1%lo0 UmCI lo0
ff01::%en0/32 link#4 UmCI en0
ff01::%en1/32 link#5 UmCI en1
ff02::%lo0/32 fe80::1%lo0 UmCI lo0
ff02::%en0/32 link#4 UmCI en0
ff02::%en1/32 link#5 UmCI en1
ff02::fb%en1 link#5 UHmW3I en1 1416
DNS Lookup appears to be working as Ping will resolve hostnames just fine but for some reason Dig failes
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ dig google.com
; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> google.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ ping currys.co.uk
PING currys.co.uk (18.104.22.168): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
--- currys.co.uk ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
[/code] (Note Currys website doesnt ping even if you are connected and working fine.)
I even tried restarting mDNS and clearing the DNS Cache but that made no difference
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ sudo dscacheutil -flushcache
localhost:~ mattwarrillow$ sudo killall mDNSResponder[/code]
I haven't checked with the airport utility to generate a fault report. But I did do another packat capture and I can see the AP has been spamming my macbook with ARP requests.
The only thing that I forgot to do while the wireless was broken was to run the wireless diagnostics.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 17, 2014 1:16 AM (in response to warrmr)
Hi Warrmr, any news about your trouble? Me and my collegue, are experiencing a similar problem, from when we installed an MR12, in our office. The connectivity problem are not at the same time, maybe one time my mac stop browsing the web, and the other come on, and sometime the other one... so not at the same time..
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2014 2:47 AM (in response to Beetlejuice01)
I didnt actually get to the bottom of the problem, I have a good idea what caused it but I am no network engineer so cannot confirm.
I upgraded to Maverix still the same issue, the PSU on my ASA 5505 died and was replaced with a BT Home Hub unitl I can source a replacement PSU for my ASA. When I removed the ASA from the network I disabled VLAN Tagging on the MR12 and that seemed to sort the problem out.
What I suspect was happening was my network traffic was being tagged incorrectly so instead of sitting on VLAN 1 which has internet access via VLAN 2 it was getting lost or heading down a different VLAN.
One thing I didnt test was to turn off VLAN tagging on the MR12 and then turn eth0/1 into a access port rather than a trunk port and tag everything as VLAN 1.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2014 7:33 AM (in response to warrmr)
Ok, i previously had the interface untagged with native vlan, from switch, now i've put the interface in tagged, and changed the vlan native to 1, and tagged my wifi vlan from the AP, so it mach. Today the switch is gone in rommon, i'm not sure about the issue was caused by the mr12, but is a strange behavior. I've a customer with some MR34 0 issue... Hope it's non an MR12 issue, but i need to investigate deeper...
THX for your reply