Hello there mg_seal,
I found an article that will help to resolve the print issue that you are experiencing. Its called Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6 found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3147. The article specifically says it is for OS X Lion and OS X 10.6 but the steps also are valid for OS X Mountain Lion.
USB printers and Bonjour-enabled network printers
Follow these steps until the issue is addressed:
- Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.
- Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.
- Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
- Open the Print & Scan pane (OS X Lion) or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
- Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.
If the issue persists, try these additional steps:
- Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
- If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers from here. Then, add the printer again.
- Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.
All the best,