248 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2013 12:07 PM by norm123
Currently Being ModeratedMay 10, 2013 12:07 PM (in response to Randy Schwickert)
Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If spotlight is not searching properly, you will have to re-index the hard drive. The following article will walk you through that process. I also provided the steps below.
- From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Spotlight.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Drag a folder or an entire volume (your hard drive) to the list.
- If prompted for confirmation, click OK.
- Remove the item or volume you just added to the list by clicking it and then clicking the minus ("-") button.
- Close Spotlight preferences.