Currently Being ModeratedMay 22, 2013 8:41 AM (in response to Fordyy88)
I'm sorry you are having issues connecting to the internet through your 3G network.
It appears from the error message that the issue is with your Carrier. See below:
When activating 3G service on an iOS device using a custom Access Point Name (APN), the error message "Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure" may appear.
Below are troubleshooting steps you can try on your own before seeing the Genius tomorrow:
This article will help you troubleshoot the following cellular data issues on your iPhone:
- No connection over cellular network, but works over Wi-Fi
Follow the instructions below for assistance with troubleshooting cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, please test to see if the issue is resolved.
- Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Ensure that your software is up to date:
- Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
- If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try toggling it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
- Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still does not, contact your carrier to report the issue.
- Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Restore the iPhone as new.
- Contact your carrier to:
- Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
- Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
- Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.
I hope you are back on track soon!
Currently Being ModeratedMay 22, 2013 9:00 AM (in response to judysings)
Thank you very much for your help! It turned out that it was my network that was having the issue & there Internet coverage was down across the uk! They just didn't let anyone know until later in the day!
Thanks again for your help :) Nikki
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points