HT4232: Apple ID: Security and your Apple IDLearn about Apple ID: Security and your Apple ID
Currently Being ModeratedNov 30, 2012 6:58 PM (in response to juno4)
Apple ID Support - http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/ -> Apple ID FAQ -->
"How do I change my Apple ID Name or personal information?
You can change your Apple ID Name at My Apple ID. Select your country and language, enter your desired changes, then click the Continue button. Changes take effect immediately. You can also use My Apple ID to change your personal information, such as your mailing address or email address. See How to change the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information."
Currently Being ModeratedJun 1, 2013 11:01 AM (in response to Halitor)
When it was posted 6 months ago it quite possibly did work. The instructions to reset the rescue email address now are, from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312 :
- Navigate to appleid.apple.com using your web browser.
- Click "Manage your account"
- When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click Password & Security
- You'll be asked to answer 2 of your 3 security questions before you can make any modifications. If you are unable to remember your answers, you can choose to send an email to your rescue email to reset your security questions.
- After you've validated your identity by correctly answering your security questions, click Edit to the right of your rescue email address.
- Once you've finished editing your rescue email address, click the Save button directly below the email field.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 30, 2013 12:14 PM (in response to King_Penguin)
Unbelievable...The security questions are sent to the rescue email. I do not have the rescue email listed in my account and can't delete it. So let me me restate the question.
Without answering the security questions, how do I reset the rescue email?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 30, 2013 12:19 PM (in response to Orbic16)
You can't, you will need to contact iTunes Support / Apple to get the questions reset : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699
When the questions have been reset you can then change/add a rescue email for potential future use via the above steps.